Kidsofbrokenfuture is a brand born from the desire to get out of the present, to represent the society of the future, imagining how could be dressed.
The two founders, Marta Sanchez and Elbio Bonsaglio, parters both in business and in private life, define their project as a “movement”, thought as a critique to the society’s behaviours and to the consequences for the future, with an irreverent and revolutionary approach.
Kidsofbrokenfuture, created in Spain in 2017, and moved afterwards in Los Angeles, is the result of the designer’s vision Marta Sanchez, graduated in fashion design at the BAU University in Barcellona, and Elbio Bonsaglio, that after achieved the economy graduation at Bocconi University, has co-founded the brand Letasca, abandoned after 5 years to dedicate himself to this new project.
KOBF is the result of the meeting between the two globe-trotter and ex models passionated in fashion, that launched a concept whose project the streetwear in the year 2050.
The brand’s aesthetic is addressed to the artistic vision of the the end of XX century’s street subculture. The aesthetic, artistic and behavioral references are the 70s subcultures, the b-boys, the punk and the cyberpunk philosophy.
Each KOBF’s elements and symbols detach themselves by the utopian vision of the society: The major part of the future projections don’t expect any human evolution, by converging in a strongly conflictive and negative vision, that instead brings to an human recession.
KOBF have a look to the present too, by inspiring themselves to the actual trends, contemporary art and issues that regard the nowadays society.
In fact, it’s exactly from the reflections on the society’s issues that they figured out the need to transform their movement in a sustainable project: The 43% of their collection is produced with waste materials, the other 57% is composed by organic cotton.
As you can see in a dedicated section on their website, Kidsofbrokenfuture contributes to many social initiatives, among which the donation of part of the turnover to support the kid’s education from the most disadvantaged areas, and the building of a forest: every month, KOBF plants new trees in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
For the latest collection spring summer 2020, KOBF collaborated with a young artist, Radiet Longo aka RED, whose design is influenced by the street art: the result is an alternative collection inspired both from the past and from the present, almost entirely dominated by white and red colors, available on Kidsofbrokenfuture‘s official website.
The message and the vision of the brand is clear: Kidsofbrokenfuture is an ambitious project that aimed to create an eclectic and revolutionary community.
You might also like
More from Brands & Designers
About three years ago, Matthew M Williams (Creative Director of ALYX Studio and Givenchy), had started his first collaboration with Nike. Sports and technical clothing items, mainly based on clothing such as jackets, shorts, t-shirts and socks, mainly in black.
The two creatives behind the famous streetwear brand YEEZY, have created a new independent brand: Entire Studios! The first images on Instagram date back to March 2020, but only a few weeks ago you can pre-order the garments on the brand’s
With the abroad’success, especially in Belgium, Germany, Great Britain e Finland, Lidl has decided to bring its clothing line also in Italy. From November 16th, in Italian retailers, it will be possible to buy the garments, even if in limited edition. The